The European Commission has adopted and published the new Circular Economy action plan – an important part of the European Green New Deal.
The circular economy action plan offers several measures towards a circular economy in Europe :
- Make sustainable product the norm in the European Union
- The European Commission will propose a legislation on sustainable product policy to ensure that products placed on the EU market are designed to last longer, are easier to reuse, repair and recycle
- Incorporate as much recycled material as possible instead of primary raw materials.
- Limitation of planned obsolence and ban on the destruction of unsold durable goods
- Access to information: Consumers will have access to reliable information on issues such as repairability and product sustainability to help them make environmentally sustainable choices. Consumers will have a real “right to reparation”.